Monday, August 17, 2009

still busy............

Hello! Hello! Is there anyone out there? Smile if you can hear me......... okay, okay I'm crazy I know. I haven't blogged in a while, so I thought I'd jump on here and do a quick update for any of you who may still be following me. And well, I really like having some type of "journal" to look back on about our life..
Since my last update we have been quite busy! Hayley started school last week..she is now in the fifth grade, her last year of elementary school. CRAZY! I can't believe she is going to be eleven next month. She and I have been getting along a little better. I'm so hopeful things can continue to improve. I really think being back in school is going to help ALOT. She gets so bored, and it was pretty hard to keep her entertained and happy over the summer. She really thought we had to be doing something fun everyday....when I say fun, I mean something that cost money:) I was also thinking that this summer was a huge adjustment for her...it was the first summer she didn't have Chloe and the first summer where I worked since Chloe passed away. I didn't work at all last summer, so it was different for Hayley. I know she missed Chloe, but she had me every single day, all day. Aaron went back to work a week or so after Chloe passed away, but Hayley and I were able to have the whole summer off. This summer we did have some fun times, but I also worked which meant Hayley didn't have me at her beck and call. Granted she was with my mom or mamaw Janet, but it wasn't a fun filled, lets go somewhere every day summer like she had last year. So, I guess overall we survived the summer okay, and we did have a great vacation as well! It was just different than we're used to and I think going from having a sister to being an only child is more on an adjustment for Hayley than I sometimes realize. So, like I said I'm hopeful things will continue to get better for us as we learn to live our lifes without Chloe.
Aaron and I have both been working quite a bit (he works more than I do, but I'm averaging about 35 hrs a week)...which I think is a good thing...for all of us (more normal). We've also been trying to spend more time at home which is another good thing for all of us. I think the more we are at home and the better routine we get into will make our overall quality of life better. I've been cooking alot more and we are all trying to eat better. I've always made Aaron veggies when I do cook, but now Hayley and I are both starting to eat some of those veggies. She whines about it, but is getting better with trying new foods since I've been trying them too. We have also been working on Chloe's area in the backyard...it still has a long way to go before it's where I want it to be, but we're making progress. Izzy is doing pretty good...keeping us busy with potty training. She does well for me, but seems to not do as well for Aaron and Hayley. I think its because I take her outside more than they do. They're both so hot natured, they can't hardly stand taking her out in this heat. I, on the other hand, could stay outside all day. Aaron is not really satisfied with her potty training progress... I'm really hoping she quits having accidents so he doesn't make us get rid of her. We are crate training her so that does help.
Well, I think I've rambled enough for one night......I'd love to hear from you all...don't forget to leave a comment. Also...I can't believe no one left a recipe or a suggestion of new foods to try. Any takers? Oh yea, I tried to make chicken and dumplins today.....let me just say...total flop...had to throw it all out, guess I over cooked the dumplins? ugh!!!!!
night night!!!!

2 comments:

Kim said...

I found your blog through Chloe's CB site. I have been following your story since shortly before Chloe went to be with Jesus. You are in my prayers!! Love your blog!

leslie said...

I CAN NOT believe that YOU really ate a whole entire salad! To say that I am proud of you would be a tremendous understatement! I won't even eat cucumbers, squash, or zucchini...I don't even know how to spell it :) You are finally going to realize all that you have been missing out on.

I miss you all.