Monday, September 21, 2009

It's birthday week!! Happy and sad at the same time. Hayley will be eleven on Wednesday she is growing up way too fast. We are having her birthday party on Sunday since papaw Jimmy has to work (2nd) shift during the week. I redid her bedroom for her birthday...all by myself!! (with my honey's money of course) Well almost by my myself, my mom helped make sure her hardwood floors didn't end up covered in paint. I painted it, then we changed out her bed (went from a queen size to a full since her room is so small) bedding, curtains, decorations, etc. etc. Aaron didn't think it was a necessary change, so I didn't even ask him to help me. He does enough work around the house, so it's okay that he didn't help with her room. We'll probably do some type of birthday dinner on Wednesday, and then celebrate with family and friends on Sunday.
The blood drive for Chloe's birthday is this Friday. Her birthday is Monday. I don't have any major plans for that day...I'm off...haven't decided if that's a good thing or not. I'm actually thinking about getting a massage that day (I have a gift cert. I need to use) and maybe getting my hair done. I think I'll just stay busy that day so I won't dwell on the fact that Chloe isn't here.
Aaron and I joined a Fantasy football league through my work (I have my own team, and he is sharing a team w/my mgr). My team isn't doing so well, but it is so much fun! For those of you who don't know me in "real life" let me just tell you I LOVE SPORTS!!! It's been interesting having a fantasy team. We watch more games, and pay attention to teams and players we normally wouldn't. Now I can see how people get so into their Fantasy Teams. I used to think "what's the big deal", but now I get it. We are Eagles fans...and of course we like the Colts, too.
Hayley on the other hand, has absolutely no interest in football. :)
Hayley received her midterm grades last week. I'm happy to say she had all A's with the exception of one B, an 88% in Science. So, hopefully she can maintain her A's and get that B up to an A. She is doing well in the classroom, but a little bummed she isn't in the same class as the majority of her friends. We talked about it for a while tonight...I told her she can't dwell on that, to try to make new friends. Most of her really good friends are in the other class. I think the main problem is at recess...apparently she isn't very good at jump roping and I guess the kids aren't really nice about that. :( So she decided she would be the spinner, only to have kids tell her she isn't spinning fast enough. :( She's at a tough age. We'll keep an eye on her...encourage her and reassure her that she can be good at anything she puts her mind too. And honestly, I think she may be having some problems because she has some of the higher grades in the class, and she is a little brown noser...so maybe some of the kids are jealous or annoyed because of that? It's hard to try to figure out the minds of 10 and 11 yr olds.
Aaron and I have both been working quite a bit, which is a good thing. Only problem with that, is it doesn't leave much time to visit with my friends. Between the blood drive on Friday and Hayley's party on Sunday we should actually be able to spend some good time with family and friends. YAY!!!!

1 comment:

Zhohn said...

Hey Christy, happy new year to you too!

I'm not very "artsy" but I like to do things with pictures on the computer so that's how I'm doing my 52 Q's!

I hope you are doing well and pray that you have a great year filled with much peace and love!